Samstag, 19. Juli 2008

In local news….

Cheryl helped me do stickers for some of the new people wanting postcards before we got ready to take our boat trip to a foreign land (with MANY tattoo palours!), Port Angeles, USA. The customs officer asked, “Are you taking any medication?”

I think about the bottle full of opiates and other drugs and start stuttering about my oxygen and before I can finish they wave me through. Dude, I have a med-alert bracelet, what do you think?

The purser helps me and I show him my mega bruised arm full of needle marks and say, “So what do you think, ADDICT, or someone with a lot of medical treatment?”

“What?!” he says.

Cheryl goes, “I can’t take you anywhere.”

Later I have a seizure which stops my breathing and Cheryl hurts her back to help me sit up, or LIFT me up so I can breath. Since I can’t talk, I practice American Sign Language with Cheryl. We are doing okay but of course, the people around us think that we are deaf, or I am. So I am showing Cheryl how to do ‘slang’ ASL and we are doing this dialogue in slang:

“Hey, Cheryl, ya want a beer from the fridge?”

“Yeah, okay!”

When one of the women watching whispers, “It’s such a beautiful language.”

I sleep, I get frostbite in four fingers (it is not freezing, it is just I have crap circulation), I use two of my oxygen bottles (need that concentrators) and manage to buy some more stickers for my postcards online WHILE away from home (I have an addiction! Prepare the intervention!). And I write up the nine postcards so they are all ready to go.

Tomorrow is the BBQ and then an early boat back to make sure I don’t have to be hospitalized. Maggie was, “How do you have frostbite!” I don’t know, in case you haven’t noticed, I don’t control the fingers going black, I don’t control them going white with loss of feeling either.

Linda saw a grey whale coming over. I saw a break of something, but seal, dolphin or whale, I couldn’t say.

Have a great weekend. I actually am NOT nauseous right now, so this is a good hour. Savour the good hours!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...