Montag, 29. September 2008

Illiteracy employment, a WHOLE bunch of seizures, air hockey and anime boy memories

I had a day full of meetings and change and finished with a person on ebay who is holding some items of mine ransom. I paid, and he freaked and is no longer sending me the mouse pad with the girl in the snow that matches my notebook. It is annoying. I was tired, I had to transfer many, many times after they sent AGAIN the woman who could not read, and needed me to instruct her three times how to make a bed (like, “This bottom sheet, that’s usually tucked in.”). Also as she could not read or see that well, she could not make me lunch as written in a note by Linda.

Last time she was sent to shower me and could not decide which was shampoo. As the person who it is to be brain damaged my rule is, “Only one person in the house who may not be able to understand the written word at any one time.” So now after our SECOND complaint of not reading, not seeing and refusing to bring her glasses, she has been taken off my list. By the way, if you WANT to apply for a job where you get $20 and does not require literacy, I recommend hopping a boat to Beacon. As for the woman, she will be sent out to seniors to decide for herself (now that the ‘medical training 1 hour course’ has occurred) what medicines, including “life” pills (pills that can save or kill you) to give her clients….without being able to read or see clearly. See, there IS disability hiring in Victoria!

Anyway, the reason I mention that is because it ‘seems’ I went to badminton and it seems I had a series of somewhere between 3 and 6 seizures AFTER I started bleeding fairly steady out of my nose (to get the exact count I would need to wake up Linda). So I am pretty funky. And have bitten my tongue (oh giant surprise there!). So I thought I would talk about things I could remember, like things from some days ago instead of the brilliant and insightful post I WAS going to write.

First off, I should mention that Linda and Cheryl’s blog and what happens there is not really my thing. They have a screening of information so that I can a) not have OCD about things and b) Can have a normal blog. If you did something nice over there or whatever is going on over there, which I am getting from picked up topics might have something to do with an oxygen concentrator or going to Seattle, thanks. I don’t know what you did so, um, I can’t do much more than that. I hope you understand why the medical team and this blog are separate, even if the people I live with or talk about are mentioned on here?

Okay, back to Air Hockey, because that is what I can remember and an important national sport which I think SHOULD be at the paralympics, except now I am not so great (kinda suck!). I don’t know how to bring up my game, take a stick outside and whack at falling leaves? Anyway, here I am “taking things seriously.”
And the worst part of Air Hockey I have found is that the other person actually FIGHTS BACK. Yeah, just ruins the whole game for me. So when they score, and somehow against all reason, they do, I put on my “fighting face” which I think I inherited from the Scots, or from squirrels, either.
And when I get a score, as my grandparents and parents taught me, “The most important part of the game is good sportspersonship.” Which seemed a load of bull um, afterbits to me since if you can’t chortle in Victory when can you chortle?

Anyway, fear not, the race between Cheryl and I was close, 6-6 before, AS I WAS THINKING, “Hey, I could really win this!” she slammed home the winning puck. Yeah, that thinking will do you in!

To finish up we are returning to pictures of beautiful things and since we got SO MANY comments on the beautiful Uke boy from the boy/boy love book, here he is again! Not only with the big eyes, and great hair, but MORE flowers than I get! Sheesh. Oh well. I have to admit beyond the envy there is sort of a “ahhhhh” like you feel toward a puppy. He’s so cute, and more than just a little gender bendy. Better he stay over in Japan than end up somewhere in North America. A little too fragile for THIS world.

Now, before I here more complaints from the guys about more nightmares and as a special favor to Collette, we have the Anime Bad Boy look. Which is complete with leather jacket AND butterflies! Haha! I think there might be wings on him too. Still silky smooth but a Bad Boy, who probably will do bad things like drive a motorcycle without a helmet.

And in case you thought I went hetero (a very odd sort of hetero), we have girls, of which I have so MANY, many pictures, but here is a nice anime schoolgirl. She seems to be getting a LOT more out of practicing kissing on HER mirror than I ever did on mine! Which is a nice way to finish. I hope that tomorrow after reboot and three more appointments (one with the oxygen people) I will get to rest. Oh, I filled up the Memory 2 week heart monitor again. Wee!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...