Montag, 6. Oktober 2008

BP and brain problems: "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I have lay down and not been able to get up. It was light, now it is dark. They say tomorrow may be a storm, so they may not be chainsaws at 8:00 am. I don’t know. I am in the space “beyond.” I do not eat. I do not drink. I sleep. I wake confused. I sleep again.

I cannot remember things. I do not want to be one of these people who says they cannot blog because of the blahs. I do not have the blahs. My heart does not seem to be able to produce enough force to keep my blood pressure from dropping. This raises my heart rate. This used to be called Orthostatic Hypo-tension because it is a sign of autonomic failure when you stand up and your Blood Pressure drops and your heart rate raises to try and compensate. A change of 30 mlb is needed for diagnostic standard.

However, now, I am sitting, I am sitting with Linda and Cheryl, but I am dizzy, I cannot see from one eye. We take my blood pressure, the systolic is 120, then 108, then 95. It is dropping and my heart rated goes up and up 110, but with a heart that flutters instead of beats. The systolic and diastolic are close together – there is no pressure in my veins. There is no pressure to get the blood to my brain. This makes me dizzy and have other problems.

It seems that I now have autonomic failure of Orthostatic (change from a static position) Hypo-tension, except I seem to have STATIC Hypo-tension now as well. I don’t move and my heart cannot account for the change. What is the change? Unknown, some further failure in the vascular system, it appears. Would putting a pacemaker in make a difference. Without knowing the cause (are the veins just all opening simultaneously after I have been sitting still for 50 minutes?), how could a pacemaker compensate. Without getting the blood to the brain, I cannot function. Where do you go to buy a home centrifuge? That would force the blood to my brain.

I am having a time of it, I have pushed myself as hard and as far as I can, and when I figure out how to combat this invisible problem, I will be full steam ahead (maybe I need a steam pump for my head?). I do not know. Truth be told, is that I feel very u-h for the last long while. And I except I will be u-h for some time to come. I do not have Mono, as it becomes harder weekly to do the postcards, and less are done each week. When will I become rested enough to be ill?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...