Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008

Beth does not die: the Good News and Bad News of the Trip

Linda was supposed to write this post saying something like “Elizabeth is indisposed” which makes me sound like the queen or Lady El of Isle of Pontendorf. So I insisted before she comes to take me away again. Okay, our shopping trip was a success:

Good News: Cheryl got a corset! And looks fab, like FAB! In fact, we ALL got new corsets! Mine is combo of PCV, lace and velvet. Linda was SO hot in hers we forced her to go out in the store and put back a t-shirt. On the way over a married guy’s head swiveled fast enough to get him the big elbow in the side from the wife, plus a couple 18 to 19 year old guys started hanging around our change room (consider this this picture the intro to the upcoming Yuri post) (We aren’t trolling for guys, it is just guys walking into things are a good judge of ‘how hot’ are you!).

Bad News: We forgot to take a picture at the change room.

Good News: We found REI, even though the weather was AWFUL. (REI is a sporting goods co-op which has many floors, an indoor climbing wall, a mountain bike trail to test your bike on and hires knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Bad News: We got sucked into the REI ‘helpful’ vortex where you are sent to every person in the store who is SO helpful but getting something as simple as GLOVES takes two hours and yet, you don’t get the gloves; “I’m certain they will be here by next week, if you just want to head upstairs…” It was a “Chotto Matte” moment and I never wanted to kill such friendly people so bad in my life.

Good News: We came the day OF the Victoria Secret Semi Annual Sale.

Bad News: People at Victoria Secret seem at times to be hired by the ‘attitude meter’ as the ones who tell you ‘this isn’t the section for you.” Or who told Cheryl and Linda when I told them I wanted something “Really Trashy” in the panties and were looking in X-small that “The large bins are over there.” At the same time, I was being denied sleep-shirts and being told, “The pink line is in the room behind you.” - yeah, but see, I’m not actually 19-23 and if I was, I don’t want to PAY to have “I WANT TO GIVE LOVE” in bling across the ASS of my jogger bottom . Nor a giant bling rhinestone heart on the back of my hoodie. Odd that. I did however find a very New Orleans thong with velvet, lace and a little bit of satin – it was very Alphonse Mucha, if Alphonse Mucha made thongs panties with only 4 inches of material.

Good News: We shopped until we DROPPED.

Bad News: That in my case was literal. The weather was poor (ice and snow) and I was in VERY bad shape leaving Seattle. However we had to make it to Cheryl’s house 90+ miles away or call an ambulence (On the US side, this is EXPENSIVE!).

Good news: Um, I didn’t end up going to a hospital because I didn’t have insurance.

Bad news: Only because I didn’t tell Linda or especially Cheryl how much blood I had lost, or how many systems had shut down.

Good news: I am back home.

Bad news: Well, I had two possible ways I was going to die (and I came within a breath of saying, “We have to go to the hospital or I am going to die” a couple times, and a couple times of Cheryl simply calling the ambulance because she thought the same), and I was incapacitated for about 20 hours. It looks like I will lose today and tomorrow and I really hope I don’t have to go to the hospital over here in Canada. So I am going to try to rest (after writing this..).

Good news: I AM alive, and though on oxygen for all the time, I am converting again (meaning I don’t have blue hands)! Woot! And my fever is gone and I don’t hear voices anymore, or are delirious.

Bad news: I did not get ALL the postcards I wanted to done and posted. I am VERY sorry.

Good news: er..

Bad news: Linda has come for me because my hands ARE blue again. I will try to get her to approve comments, so please let me know how things are (you are my line to the outside world!). And she can read the comments to me in the hospital bed until I am back at...er...my crappy yet almost stable health condition? I hope you had a great holiday time and I learned, Yes, I can go on a trip with my concentrator; just NEVER do it again like this (break all the rules a little (amount of sleep time, amount of rest time, etc), every single day), because ‘how much difference can it make?’)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...