Samstag, 13. Dezember 2008

Sunshine bye-bye; 52 postcards in one day!

Yes, there is nothing like having a peaceful and blissful day, taking it as it comes, with a bit of tea, and some sunshine on the face. NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW!

Yes, sleet and snow comes to Victoria (I hear the rest of Canada and parts of the USA cheering!). Plus, I had a wee bit of a meltdown, which meant that Beth has antibiotic cream on her arms because it turns out that I had sort of pushed myself as far as I could mentally. I sort of played the mature/strong adult figure until I had so much information, I just went into a puddle (a sort of self destructive puddle which means cutting and taking a GRATER to my skin, and then wrote “I sin” in my own blood on myself – because.....er....something to do with money, I think? I had bought something for like $20, I don’t know anymore). I am not proud of it, it is just, when enough stress builds up in certain ways or I feel I have let Linda down, then eventually, after so many weeks (and it has been many weeks), I have a little meltdown, in which the only person I hurt is myself. This blog is about honesty. I am trying to change the way I deal with these things, I am trying to be more open but also recognize when I am starting to hit these limits (or have Linda help me recognize them).

Anyway, after I slept, I got up and I started working on sending an email to each and EVERY person who asked for a postcard. A few didn’t send addresses. Please send address! So, sending about 55 emails didn't stress me, failing Linda over $20 or $50 dollars at the right time: Spiral of self destruction. Go figure.

Did someone get the word out? I think so because we did 52 postcards from requests from 2:00 pm onward TODAY (or Friday). Bam! So I think this will be one of the higher volume weekends. We are now, after doing the matching (the longest part), a bit wobbly and staring the 1000 yard stare. Linda and I are clutching each other and staring at the computer, whispering, “No new mail! No new mail!” It was a LOT of emails and a lot of stickers to make up. But I wanted to do it and I know we will enjoy getting to know these people, just today, it was a bit....WOW!

I am sorry I haven’t been getting the comments done as much as I should. Thank you everyone who reads, and comments, they do cheer me up. Just in case you are wondering, The Postcard Project got more hits than Screw Bronze today. I said to Cheryl and Linda, “What if 25% of those 435 people since 2 p.m. who visited decided to request a postcard?!” We all shuddered to think. You know, there is success and then there is SUCCESS (I PRAY that CNN does not pick up this story!). I hope you are all having a great weekend. Tomorrow we are finishing some matching, doing the stamping and then after the nap, stickering and writing. So, hopefully, lots of little breaks for tea and such.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...