Freitag, 12. Juni 2009

Idyll Parksville Day: Cathedral Grove, Butterfly world and ...foreplay!

Here is a mini-preview blog of our day, the absolute minimum limit of pictures…so yeah, about 12 or so.

With another day of a heat wave in Parksville, we decided to head over to Cathedral Grove, a stand of original growth forest which had wheelchair accessible trails (of a sort). The sun was directly above but below the 200 high feet tree were was a lush loam of ferns and moss.

The Tallest tree in Cathedral grove is 76 meters tall which is over 220 feet. (See me way down the end there!) This first growth area has ferns, nurture logs (where small trees grow from a fallen tree), lichen, moss and all the things I love about rainforests.

I never believed I would see these trees or undergrowth again as I had gone there with Linda before we went to Wales, a memory trip. Thanks to Linda coming here to save us from the noise of demolition I have this wonderful experience again. I hope I can bring Cheryl (and any other who might want to come) here.

With the fresh flowers out the bumblebees were busy, and giving hums sounding a bit like ecstasy as they burrowed into the flowers and the nectar. Maybe that was just where my mind was drifting.

On the way back we went to Butterfly world in Coombs.
Note to self, places that have rare butterflies, orchids and such are NOT cool and cold. Still, I love butterflies and I kept wheeling here and there as Linda kept saying, “Have you seen this one? Have you seen the orange one?”(can you spot it feeding?)
It had an orchid and a water garden but our favourite section was the butterflies (with the turtles in the ponds having sex really, really slowly). The MOST elusive was the 'red one' (we love them technical names: "You see that red one with blue!") as it flew everywhere but would not stop to sip nectar or go to the feeding dishes, it just seemed to love dancing around our heads. But by sitting by the resting shade, I managed to get a snap of it when it stopped to rest.
There were other gardens, including this water garden which would have been great on a day not quite as blistering. The orchid garden produced lots of pictures but that will come in the full blog.

We also stopped to take a pictures of the famous shop with a well mowed lawn on the roof. It is well mowed because the mowers are goats, who stand and chew on the grass (picture in the full blog).

At home I had my afternoon nap and then we um, didn’t watch TV but explored the excitement a tub for two with a massage bar of soap can produce and how extensive exactly WAS my neuropathy? We were added with a nice Rose’ Champagne and thanks to midnight, I can say that we spent TWO DAYS in foreplay (HA!). Can you tell I might still be a bit drunk, and um….very, very relaxed (I can hear uptight religious types spontaneously combusting right now! But as was said about that ‘rest’ on the seventh day: And it was GOOD)? I will pounded by Linda for this in the morning...that might be fun too! Oh no, here she comes!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...