Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009

Running Late

I've been a bit behind this month in getting the entries up. There are a couple of reasons for this, but one of the main reasons is that I am hitting a stretch of comics with very little information available on-line. I get most of what I post from the Grand Comics Database, Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics or the DC Comics Database. To that basic information I add my own personal recollections and observations. Sometimes I have to do a Google search for a specific issue as I find nothing on a particular issue, story-wise, at any of these sites. That is happening more and more frequently as we hit the middle third of 1969.

What I have done to rectify this lack of information is start pulling out my old books. Some of my collection is easy to get to and some is not, but I have pulled a number of titles from 1969 out and have begun rereading them so that I have something to put into these entries. You can pretty much pick those books out; they are the ones where I get wordy. I find it hard to cull a book down to a few short sentences, so I tend to ramble on somewhat. You will also notice that I am going back in some cases to books from April and May and adding in the storyline as I find the book and reread it.

I hope that the readers of this blog appreciate the extra effort here, just know that sometimes that extra effort results in the listing going up 40 years and a few days later.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...