Freitag, 14. August 2009

A Quick Toke of the Day

So today was my day to get ready to go to the Cannabis Club. That takes over an hour and then I got to drive INDY all the way there, which was over a mile. Yes, having a power chair does give me an advantage, it also threw me around like what you think the post office does to your presents at Xmas. I hit every pothole, every bad curb cut, every bad driveway, I was tossed back and forth. Where is the serene music that plays and I sweetly glide down the sidewalk that the ad showed? Oh well, maybe I shouldn’t go on the ‘super speed level’ all the time. Though my first thought was; “Tell techs to make these level go FASTER – I mean I was hardly at a running pace!”.

Yes I realize that driving at like, 15 miles an hour on crappy pavement and then complaining that I am not getting a great ride is irony or something. But for $25,000, I wanted a freakin' hovercraft, okay? Like superglide suspension! But instead I was the 'Wheebel Wobble Wheelchair Person' (remember the Wheebel Wobbles', they Wheebel and they Wobble but they don't fall down! - insert jingle?). And when I slowed down, the bumps were just worse so I figured I would only slow down around humans since I think I have three broken toes now, and if I can do that to ME with this power chair, I don't want to hurt someone else. And I slowed down at traffic lights and the 'quote' curb cuts, known as the 1/2 inch to 2 inch straight drop. GRRR!

But I got to the club forms and explanation took 90 minutes and since I am still up from all day and need to sleep instead of waking up and writing this I will make this account short. This club is the professional club and they recommend that I get the official stamp of approval from the Canadian government to make travelling in airlines and such within Canada easier. With my disability Tax Status that should not be a problem I was told. They explained the different strains and what I should expect. I bought the mouth spray ($20 for the large bottle) which acts in two to five minutes maximum to cause relaxation and pain control (that is the ‘strain’ I chose NOT the stimulant one). That way if I am waking up having a ‘hell night’ a few spray in the mouth and I don’t have to wait for 20 minutes for a tranquilizer to kick in. I also got the slower acting olive oil based one, which I take at night and I will try a baseline this weekend to find out how long it takes to act: from 30 to 120 minutes. They have cookies but recommend that you start with 1/8th of a cookie and that you have OTHER, non cannibis cookies because if you are waiting for over an hour, a chocolate chip cookie can look really good, particularly if you are a ‘munching’ TV watching, where you nibble. And before you know it, yup, you have overdosed and are in for anxiety and high heart rate: proceed to a dark room for 1 to 2 hours without passing go. Sounded like good advice to me.

It was hot, and the sun shined all the way there. It rained all the way back and then the sun came out after I got inside. Yeah one of those kind of times. So besides that I got soaked and had frostbite so bad my fingers were literally the purple color of grapes due to my vascular issues and Raynaud's (that is just was rain does, let’s see what SNOW does…NOT!). Also had a bit of a medical issue later which stopped my nap.

Right now I am finishing up the postcard matching for the weekend. Like the postal service, not sleet, nor hail or dead of night is going to stop me. I am sorry I can’t do big numbers but this has been a pretty bad week – today I couldn’t get out of bed. Like, not possible. Of course, that isn’t the EFM motto, so I just sort of dragged myself into a drop of several feet. Whee, I am out of bed now! Okay, I am on the floor, but that is still out of bed! I was a few minutes late to my appointment at the club.

I enjoy matching the postcards, I hope the people from last week can take a picture of their postcard for me please as I did not get a picture of them, so rushed was I in doing them. Well, off to bed go I. Cheers.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...