Montag, 2. November 2009

I start to blog daily, some pop-ups, turquoise and health news

It has been brought to my attention that there are only 54 (maybe 53 for you) sleeps until Xmas. And there are a couple places I wanted you to see. No, I don’t get commissions, I don’t do advertising, only what I know and have experienced. I have reviewed various vibrators as well as manga because they are something I enjoy (not at the same time, gets messy). Plus as a female with a chronic illness and no income, I understand the need to develop a craft or creativity. In a way, I get that through the postcard project (I just happen to have a very good pricing system in order to attract customers).

Rachel Groves is a commissioned artist who has worked to raise awareness of CFS/M.E. (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) in the UK and North America. She has M.E. and continues as an artist, making a living through art. She is not a charity case (you know, like me!), but a person whose work is used by publications, and already has fame. She announced this year she would be creating Xmas cards and upon loading them up to her shop, sold out pretty much immediately. There are various designed cards (I recommend the cats), to original art of pop-ups with space to write. I love the pop-ups, not just because they are so hands on, Edward Gorey, 3-d but these are handmade, hand drawn, a piece of art that you are giving as a card (Xmas or otherwise). Right now she is focusing on Penguins.. Since while flightless birds in the wild, they go quite wild in Rachel’s world. Which could be yours for less than a fiver.

I have several of Rachel’s pop-ups, and I enjoy them immensely. I can’t believe that there isn’t a sense of wonder in a pop-up, particularly when you know each one is hand made, crafted, glued just for you That’s what I feel when I get a pop-up.

Back to North America at FoxAZ, it is an Etsy shop that specializes in handcrafts and the USA desert and the wonders found there, made and crafted in “a smoke-free, cat friendly home studio.” They host everything from red lucite blossoms earrings with a freshwater pearl nestled inside on silver hooks ($11) to Nuggets of Turquoise, 121 carats to 191 carats, plus a 256 carat Variscite and Alabone bolos. Here is your classic Turquoise bolo, southwest style, with silver tone tips, available here. Since I tend more toward the Romantic periods of Edwardian and Victoria times, I like the style of these Cameo Earrings (only $10!!).
As for me, I finished the postcards for this week, which turned out to be 39. Alas, if I had know that I would have done another two as 41 looks so much larger than 39, yes? But I enjoyed doing them and was able to focus with both sticker, stamps and more. Also several cards written to go out, while writing is still a go!

I am reeling from the information that our Prime Minister is offering Sask., a province two over, prime health care like MRI’s and other high end treatments AT COST. Why? Because we have the machines, but there is no approved budget to use them. Indeed, I am not sure how VIHA is going to operate the last six months; and that is with one of the two hospitals here with a rampant infection (that one which you have to amputate to stop it!). So yes, I can’t get the treatment I was approved for, the IVIG which will extend my life, or even an MRI of my spine and brain to see the progress or lesions, but if they take it up, people from two provinces over will be flown in to be treated with the equipment and the trained techs which we, the residents, are deemed not able to afford. And we are hosting the Olympics. It is boggling to the brain.

I have to go, more pounding of construction in the morning. I will be trying to post more on a daily basis, joining the NamBloPro which I did to join Sara 2 years ago. Chronic Illness blogging every day, as I can. Tomorrow I hope to show some of the loot I brought home from Hawaii (that which has not been sent off!).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...