Montag, 7. Dezember 2009

Dax, my disabled plushie, and Best Buy USA Customer Service Hell

This here is my friend Dax, who I like because he is a ‘disability’ or ‘impaired’ Skelanimal. Actually he tried to dress up in a Halloween Costume as a Mummy, but Dax TRIES hard, but isn’t very good at doing stuff like that. I think he is cute and far better as a disability skelanimal (you can be dead and STILL impaired – now that is hope for me).

Well, I haven’t been sleeping well as it turns out doing a lot of extreme exercise really, really hurts, like, can’t move your arms hurts (seriously). So not getting sleep and not finding that I am generally better in health, but I am hotter, which indicates my muscles are being rebuilt, which I hope means when those are rebuilt I will be healthier.

I spent this weekend trying to a) stay conscious, b) take care of my body and c) doing really stupid things. I think that there is an idea that when things get palliative there is soft music and lots of smiles and not a bunch of people who are terrified in a room including the person in a lot of pain. People are scared, and scared to say they are scared. So imagine three people dumped in a room each full of fear that they won’t talk about. Which seem more likely, a) snapping, frustration, mis-communication and outbursts or b) soft music and lots of smiles. Well, I did choice A, and ended up ‘proving’ I could be a caregiver which was nice in thought but damn stupid in action as it left me unable to move around, or move at all since Sunday. But I have been thinking a lot. Mostly about masturbation and fantasies (in an academic sense of course!). I feel I am screwing up the time I have, and don’t know if it has been extended or not, Linda feels scared and has said she feels she is messing up. So, no mystery butler to do the caregiving or the little stuff while we watch cheerful movies like, um, Beaches or Philadelphia or Thelma and Louise.

The time, oxygen and frustration of this week has been Best Buy inc. Which it turns out, was not! After an entire week the result is that six different agencies from Geek Squad, to the policies, to home office, to Canadian office, to the Victoria store have all been talked to by me. It was arranged that I would get someone to take in the laptop. computer I paid $200 to have servicing done on when bought, and get a new battery, etc. Except Victoria, after doing nothing with the computer for a day, ignored the list of problems, ran a software check, wanted to install a software package and….charge us $200. Hooray for Best Buy in this weeks award on taking advantage of people with disabilities. That and the statement that I ‘needed’ to ‘walk the computer in to the store’ in Seattle. I told them that many doctors would love to see that. And people who watch DVD’s for pain control in hospital beds don’t tend to ‘walk in’ computers. Oh, they were VERY understanding, and something WOULD be done. Well, a week later, the Victoria store has tried to pass it on to Seattle (though Seattle refuses to take it), Canada Best Buy refuses to fix it, they have decided the best thing is I pay them all the money they ask for, and then they will decide if they want to give some back. And I haven’t had my laptop for five days.

I just called them. Waited 20 minutes for a supervisor before…..they hung up on me. Wow. See they do believe in customer service – the customer services them with money……and that’s it. Sometimes, in the way they talk, I forget that I am NOT asking for a favor, a giant favor but actually PAID them over $200 to fix my computer in advance, and they haven’t.

Good thing I don’t have a job as between trying to stay on oxygen, having a wind storm, power outages, and calling them multiple times a day, I would need to have this AS my full time job. Oh, looks like they hung up because it was 5:00 and the day for them was over. Haha. Seriously, it is stuff like this that makes one think that companies WANT to go out of business. Oh well, maybe the ADA lawyer can be contacted by phone (isn’t it great being a US citizen!).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...