Donnerstag, 15. April 2010

Wheelchair Boxing, purple flowers, lolita lounging and demonic plushies

I am off to go boxing now. I do not ‘feel’ like going boxing. I am still weak and ill but also because last Thursday, the Director of the Y said that ‘other players’ had complained at volleyball. The complaint (either not ‘competitive enough’ at Beginners RECREATIONAL volleyball, or just don’t like playing with a wheelchair) had lead the Director to decide that I was to not attend due to ‘safety’ reasons. I asked if he had contacted wheelchair sports associations, if he had statistics on wheelchair accidents, on accidents in volleyball at all, whether he had done safety assessment of the other sports aids people used/wore, or the other impairments players had. No on all. No integrated volleyball injuries with wheelchairs in his 25 years but ‘we are not waiting for an accident to occur’. So yes, you CAN do integrated volleyball as I showed…..if they ‘allow’ you to. Nothing like being a teen again, huh, or treated like one.

So, after boxing I will have to wheel past the volleyball I spent 8 months getting into and 1 week playing. I was called a few hours before I would have gone up to say, “You’re out.” Regardless that discrimination based on disability in a Y that’s credo is ‘Access for all” and “Participation of the entire community” is illegal, I abide while making an appeal. Of course, by then Volleyball will be over and is isn’t on this summer. SUCK!

Oh, I wrote a post on the postcard project yesterday, lovely postcards!

I went out today for pre-boxing wheeling and it was lovely for taking pictures, too bad the camera was at home, lots of flowers out, and shrubs in bloom. We pooled our on hand change and picked up these purple Mumm’s. They had blue ones too: I will try and take a picture tomorrow.

I got in the post two shitajiki I had wanted for framing, one is by Petite Sanctuary and it seems I have been looking over 2 years for it. At last! It is cute and I call it ‘Kitten in Snow’. The other is from EF, the series about the girl who has middle and long term memory problems like me. I think both are beautiful and would love to know what you think. I hope to hang them as I think anime can be art.

Down at the video store (for a DVD to dull the post boxing pain – I got ‘The Hurt Locker’ – name seemed right), I talked to Linda about how I would, for as long as I live, be ‘out of time’. For me, the year is wrong, what I know is wrong, and what I can remember gets less and less as the middle term memory and long term blanks from 2008 to now are a widening dark hole. What I miss most is being of value, some sort of value. But with my weakness, my bed days, and my inability to remember or know the people who I meet since 2008 unless reminded often, I am at lucky if pitied, at best accommodated but never ‘needed.’

Oh well, life is still worth living, just if I had known might not have gotten so much STUFF or so many degrees, right? And more tattoos. Who has some ink out there? I am contemplating a tattoo. “I love Linda’s Boobies” is something I think both subtle and classy. I have been spending bed days with my plushies. And trying to make new plushies (note to others having bed days, playing with grimoires and short term memory is a bad idea – like demonic sheep plushies bad).

Now with the flowers I can get dressed and lounge in Victorian lolita style splendor in the sitting room or perhaps the reading room, on this chair or perhaps in the window seat. Too bad I don’t have a Victorian Mansion but an apartment which seems to be a medical equipment depo! Off to boxing, more flower pics tomorrow I hope.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...