Freitag, 7. Mai 2010

My good memory for the day (share yours) and marriage vows ideas

My good memory of today: Linda bringing me Ramu/Lamura bottle while I was watching the filme 2012 (watching the whole world get wiped out makes a bad day seem a BIT better). I like the bottle, it reminds me of summer...animes (I did get to hear cicada’s in Japan, and I do have the bottles with the marble that clinks when you drink it – but I did not experience the hot and humid Japanese summer – only saw it in anime land).

I rule my mind, or parts of it (the parts that don’t go insane by pain or by being on the toilet too long, or having too much spine pain). What was your good memory of today? Sure I had a lot of bad ones, but since I am still alive and heading off to bed, I wanted to remember that I still have choice. Plus, hurrah for my friend who has finished both her radiation and her high concentration radiation.

Bad(ish) memory of the day: Linda arriving unexpected with chocolate sauced dripped all over ice cream as I told her, “No, no, remember the cramps!” and she had to half carry me to the bathroom while what did NOT come out yesterday in an overnighter of seven hours trying came out with…..ZEST! That and me having to close the door of the bathroom and take the heat rather than listening to her click the spoon against the bowl, eating MY ICE CREAM (and chocolate sauce). “No dessert wasted” is the theme in our house.

We also found out that as the ‘new poor’ (which is anyone whose income is $55,000 or less before taxes, unless you are under $30,000 in which case you are the ‘disadvantage poor’ or something like that), we COULD if we wanted apply for subsidized apartment space at a rental cost of $1,300 (we can’t afford that). There are 31,000 households that are ‘new poor’ and $37,000 households in the ‘sub-poor’ range – odd that non of us can afford just under $16,000 for rent annually. It turns out that this was sold to the government by the same developers as across the street. They created the idea that there are these ‘new poor’ who need housing (since rental space is 1% vacancy and apartments costs $400,000-$700,000 to buy), they get government GRANTS to build ‘low income housing’ along with regular income housing. However a two bedroom still can go for $850-950 and they want the $1300+ as the 'subsidized' amount. It is a sort of evil genius. Phase one of their property by the water is done, phase 2 is starting..more grants!

I wondered how, when rentals were available and prices were dropping this company could keep opening up new projects. Well, since that one project (the 22 units for us 31,000 households) got them $8.5 million in Federal and $.5 million in Victoria City grants, I am guessing they will keep on building. Linda and I were both a wee dejected to find we were not just ‘disability poor’ but that even with her job as a government manager she would have been ‘new poor’. I better get my wheelchair and tin cup out to where-ever they give out the grants because someone has too much money if they can PAY for someone to build then profit a ‘smaller’ amount off some units and a ‘larger amount’ off ‘regular rental units’.

Linda says: “And this is why I only let you read the paper once in a LONG while.”

Also, the Y has let me know, from the CEO/Chair of of the Board, that though I AM a member and basketball and volleyball are drop-in, WHEN they offer a WHEELCHAIR USE ONLY or WHEELCHAIR COMPETITION RULES class, I will be welcome to attend. Then they reminded me that I am ONLY a member thanks to the contributions of the COMMUNITY (I have no independant income and am subsidized as on the front page they say: No member of the community will be turned away due to lack of funding. Apparently, a) Wheelchairs are 'seperate but equal' and can't just 'drop in' like others but need to be kept in 'wheelchair only' venues. And then a grind to the face that I should slink to the back since my membership is on the backs of hardworking people like....ME (who do they think donated or fundraised in the past for them? The Ewoks?) They actually wrote that the 'seperate but equal' idea met the standard of the human rights act in Canada....on paper.

If I wasn't so sick, I would be up at the YMCA/YWCA as I have been given a 'deadline' of tomorrow as my limit of when I may contribute to helping them make an accessible program plus, they are also will have (undefined) 'workshops' for staff. So the usual AB tactic of: You do all the work OR you don't get to be an equal human being.
So maybe I will ask for a push up there tomorrow as I do a terrific workshop for homophobia and diversity in the work place, I think it would do great in facility where the althetic director, the Manager, the supervisors and others are all men: men who like sports, you know, the kind that made the kid who came in last run an extra lap just to punish them for....being alive.

Okay, too excited or too tired. I am in severe pain so I am either being carried to bed, or back to the bathroom.

I just want to add that I really wish I had paid more attention in anatomy class, and also, a tip, when doing hand evacuations with little to no feeling in your hand, and trying to use the feeling in the colon/intestines – when blood comes out...you have gone too far.

I just couldn't ask Linda. It is just, there are some things that just aren’t covered in marriage vows whether you write your own or not, and I think, “Wilt thou, (name), insert digits or partial hand up (name) anus, plus of course, that you are each other’s morning light and sunshine.” Just doesn’t happen a lot – no no no.

Oh, I got my first postcard spam request – it was a postcard request……which opened to a spam/malware link. No, can’t see why cynicism is on the rise. Think of nice things Beth: think of the globe getting wiped out while Linda eats your dessert.

Wha?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...