Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2010

Road Trip to Comi-con 2010: Eugene to San Fran Part 3 - a touch of the redwoods

While we were off-road, there was a trail to some of the big trees, and I was feeling like “Darn if I am going to be stuck in this car for 3 days and do nothing!” so I ended up wheeling around (down a BIG, BIG Hill) some very big trees (since about 1/2 of the tree is in the picture, and goes up, and up). It was dusty dry, but also dark from the canopy 300 feet overhead.
I took most of the film and it was really hard to get pictures that showed how huge these original redwoods were. I tried but found that without perspective, often they just looked like regular trees instead of this ‘medium sized’ tree that fell down (medium large trees are 400 years old or more, there were trees 1,500 years old in that area). As you can see, sometimes I had to wheel under the trees, but no problem.

Linda borrowed my camera as light shows up better in the film section as she decided to take some films of me around the trees. Of course, this is when wonderful films appear (honest) and sometimes other things can happen.
Yeah, well,

yeah.

My first thought, and Linda’s was: “How many bends to the legs now?”

What happens basically is this, chair stopped dead as rocks grabbed the chair while

I leaned forward. I shoot out chair.

I touch down at lowest point (which are knees as I am leaning forward to get under tree), body continues forward dragging legs over rocks while using up energy.

Did I bleed? Oh hell.

Honest truth. We had only 3 hours of light left to see the Redwoods and I hoped the cotton would act as a bandage as the blood soaked through. I never looked after one shot until 10 hours later. That is when it was bandaged.

I have left bits of the redwood and floor of the forest in two states and several towns as they keep appearing. I remember begging Linda to find a bathroom so I could get the amount of BARK from a redwood tree out of my ASS (you know, four hours later, once photo ops were gone.)

Then it turned black, and I had missed some bark so in LA, I had to dig and peel most of my skin the size of a fist or two off of my knee, which isn’t all of the hurt on that leg, just some of it.

10 minutes later I laughed like a maniac! I looked like one too, with blood soaking through and running down my leg and I am going up to groups of families laughing and laughing, and asking if they want to see something funny.

I think I might have been high on adrenaline.

Later, not so funny.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...