Freitag, 5. November 2010

Linko! LXIV


* I seriously love reading Mark Waid comics more than a (sort of) grown man probably should, but there are days I love reading Mark Waid interviews even more than that. This week, I had one of those days when we posted a panel report on CBR of my bossman Jonah Weiland making the BOOM! Studios CCO answer 50 questions in 50 minutes at the Long Beach Comic Con. Yes, the photo above relates to this. Read it!

* Not a link but a semi-related observation to the above: almost no one short of Tom Spurgeon even mentions that LBCC is run by former Wizard employees and even fewer people note that said convention is run almost EXACTLY like the Wizard World Tour circa 2002 to 2007 (at least it seems much like that from afar). That's weird, right? I don't say this to disparage the LBCC folks, who have always been very kind to me and who seem to put on a show that a lot of fans and pros enjoy. I don't even say this as disparaging of the Wizard shows from that time, which I always had a fine time at as an employee and before that as a fan. I guess what I'm saying is that the Wizard brand is really fucking tarnished in a kind of skewed way (and I know some of you will go "DUH"), but I guess I always thought that the people bitching about the Wizard shows back then were bitching about something to actually do with the running of the shows. Maybe not so much?

* Anyway, something else I read this week that was highly enjoyable: Chris Mautner interviewing Jerry Robinson at The Comics Journal. More of these, please?

* Related: did anyone else watch the Stan Lee/Bob Kane video Tom posted last month? Because when Jerry Robinson comes up in conversation, shit gets BANANAS. Serial:


PART 2, PART 3

* Always great to see Ed Burbaker out doing interviews, even when it's the more "run and gun" promotional stuff. Here he is with CBR's own Dave Richards, and here he is with Newsarama's Vaneta Rogers on Incognito and then on Secret Avengers.


* Cool art time! The above is about all I can share of James Stokoe's "The Gronch" – a two-page tie-in to his Image Comics series Orc Stain – and keep this blog relatively safe for work, but you should totally click through. That book, man. I can't believe more people aren't talking about its weird, visually-dizzying, phallocentric world building.


* Here's something I won't spoil just so you can get pumped to click through to all its glory: Legion of Super-Heroes artist Yildiray Cinar's take on Superman and Batman. Dude is LEGIT.


* I'll spoil all of this last one because it's so cute, but please click through to the blog of Chad Thomas who did such a nice job on Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers (Via). Also: worth your time to flick through Edgar Wright's official SP Halloween costume pics, on which Jami and I got featured.

* All right, Realistic Superhero Funeral was funny.

* Not Comics: Sean T. Collins' boys crashed the Phish Halloween show in genius fashion. I'm almost loath to share this link as the info going viral hurt my chances of pulling off a similar stunt some day.

* Also Not Comics: Ursula K. Le Guin is blogging!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...