Freitag, 18. März 2011

Howie Day - Collide

The other day while I was rushing for a job interview, So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 was going on. And just as I was about to switch it off, I saw the most inspiring, and touching performance by Lauren and Kent. I know both the song and that performance is not a new thing but yet still I was certainly left feeling bad for not knowing it till recently!

Well I did my research about this song and the singer. Below are his details:
"Collide" is the second single from singer/songwriter Howie Day's second full-length album, Stop All the World Now, released in July 2004. The song, written by Howie Day and Kevin Griffin, follows in the vein of works from other pop balladeers like Dave Matthews, John Mayer and Duncan Sheik. The London Session Orchestra provided backing instrumentation on the initial album version of the song.

"Collide" has since been used in promotion of various television series, including What About Brian, Friday Night Lights and General Hospital, as well as the 2005 film adaptation of Pride & Prejudice and the 2005 film The Perfect Man. This song has also been featured during episodes of Ghost Whisperer, Scrubs, ER, Bones, Third Watch, Cold Case, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Summerland and Joan of Arcadia. On General Hospital this was the song to which popular pairing Patrick and Robin, known as "Scrubs", first made on Memorial Day in 2006. This song was on Season 7 of So You Think You Can Dance featuring Kent Boyd and Lauren Froderman.


There is the dance video, one look and I am pretty sure you'd be practically attracted to the video. Travis did a tremendous job in the choreo of this song and both the dancers are the best choice for it!

Coming back to the song, it's such a great song! The lyrics of the song are below though.


The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

But I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find, you and I collide

I'm quiet, you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know
I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
You somehow find, you and I collide

Don't stop here
I've lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find, you and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
 
Not to forget, I am also including on how this song actually fared in the song charts,
Chart (2004) Peak
position
Australian ARIA Charts 9
Canadian Singles Chart 7
U.S. Billboard Adult Pop Songs 7
U.S. Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks 14
U.S. Billboard Pop 100 14
U.S. Billboard Hot 100 20
 
 
Gosh am so in love with the song that it just keeps ringing in my head! How I wish I could sing so that I could make a cover for this song. That'll be so so damn freaking cool!!
 
Well I supose that's about it for now. I just went through a 3 days of late night movie so the review of the movies are coming up as well. So till then guys! =D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...