Dienstag, 26. April 2011

Home again!

We are home now, after a lovely ferry ride (alas, no killer whale pods to see this year). The staff on board was very friendly. Thanks to the extra day in bed, I was stable enough in health to make the trip back. thanks Cheryl for the lovely time in your bed. Errr..I mean in a good way (wait, that sounds worse).

It was unusual to be out so much every day, and it was great and exhausting at the same time. I saw the sunshine, and looked for rainbows after the rain. Linda did a great job driving as well as being a caregiver. It is a little sad that the adventure is over, as we went to Olive Garden, and talked to artists, saw the AMV contest and Cosplay chess.

We did shopping too….for FOOD. We brought back all the wonders the US has to offer: half price candy the day after Easter (I got a mix bag from Herseys for $1.85, and a bag of mini jelly beans for 89 cents), cheese, fresh salsa, flavors of soda that we don’t have like Mountain dew with raspberry, or Squirt and Ruby Red Squirt (buy two get two free). It took two trips and a collapse on the floor and an ‘almost’ trip in the ambulance as they already called 911, but I got five panties. I am not sure why Victoria secret puts a low ceiling and THREE heat lamps in the wheelchair change room, but it is the experience of a rotisserie chicken. Linda got two tops for work, and two slacks, all on sale. I got a new sleep shirt and top also. Yes, clothing sales and clearances. I know this probably isn’t what you expected when we went but we took most of a day off from Sakura-con as we have not had new clothes, particularly work clothes for Linda in 17 months (Linda has Safari Panties, and one with fish on them - I have boring ones that have in bold letters on the back - 'Let's Get Going' ???? - they fit and were comfortable). So no stacks of anime, though a few manga (hey, at five new manga for $20, when they are $16 per manga books, I will go for that).

Linda even managed to bring home ice cream (thanks to my ice packs I sleep on, and a thermal bag). It is spumoni ice cream, and we can’t get it in Canada, and haven’t had it for about 10 years. Woot!

A nap now and rest and then I can download pictures and blog the rest of the trip. For those who want pictures of us or me, Linda has a camera as well, though she was not keen to download, crop, resize in photoshop, then upload and write a narrative from 4:00 am to 5:40 a.m. like I was. Odd that, I even told her there was a strong demand that she sleep less and blog more. She did this rolling of her eyeballs and didn’t say anything at all. What that meant, you will have to ask her.

The one thing I did not get out of the list was socks, and one of the three went ‘blah-splat’ this trip. And yet I got a gift of socks from two people. Huzzah, triple the socks!

Sleep now, to dream, to lie still and have more pain meds.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...