Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2011

Calling all aviation lovers! Get your dream plane.

Calling all aviators and plane lovers! A few weeks ago I was on a looping and focused (but thifty...errr...mostly economical....except for a few postcards) buying spree of postcards to get just the right postcard for one person. And she likes planes. I sent her a plane postcard, and I still do, but I wanted to get the 'wow' factor of the first time. For me, that was a personal challenge - one which just happened to click with my mental damage and forgetting the day before except...oh yeah, I have to get xxxxx the perfect plane postcard!
So, wow I have an abundance of Airplane postcards with more coming in groups of 2 and 7 and 16 and...well you get the idea. Many of the postcards are one of a kind, ranging in age from 1907 to 1980. So if you are in love with types of planes, or know someone who loves planes, then please do me a favor and let me know (click on the picture to get the name, I used this picture because you can give the names of the planes). Because I spent days and days (about 40 hours in total over a couple weeks) finding these postcards a few weeks ago, and now, more airplane postcards will be coming in (along with a few old Steam Railroad and old Cruise ship postcards, some white star cruise lines). So if you love Clippers, the Bee Gee, the Mars Martin, or obscure military planes, or race plane winners, please let me know. Seriously. The early ford planes are coming, but I couldn’t find a lot of early Supermarine postcards. If you would like some of the rarer postcards (drawn by famous artists) of the China clipper or menu’s from the Clipper service (sent to me from Argentina!), please let me know because I want to make sure these go to the right homes. Yes, all pictures shown here except the rainbow and stack of sent postcards are pictures of postcards that are here for you to say or email, "I like Bee Gee, can you please send me one, or perhaps a float plane?" And I will send you one...FREE.

The Postcard Project is just about over. I explained why in a blog called 'my undead life', but it is because I am so ill I can’t send out postcards anymore, not like I used to, and these will be the last of the postcards going out, 5,700 is a good number and maybe I will make it to 5,850 or 6,000 post cards if I live long enough but right now, I have special postcards

that need a home (seriously, some very rare postcards not pictured here which I tried to get for several weeks before getting for my maximum price, plus a bit, and then postage to come from UK, Asia, South America) that need the right home.

Over the next week or two, I will keep putting up pictures of more postcards. All you need to do is spread the word to the aviators or plane fans you know and let me know (email is mpshiel@hotmail.com) what makes you or a friend of yours really happy. I don’t want to put up pictures of ALL the postcards, so what you get could be a wild surprise, but I have a Zepplin (the Akron), though I tried for many other period Zepplin postcards. I have US post early planes that are float planes with helicopter additions from the early 19th century (what plane is this???).
If after your requests or getting postcards you choose to look over the wish list or get a $5 gift certificate from Amazon, that would be a personal choice (link in right corner). If you don't, the postcard is still free. You ask, I send.

For me, the thought that each plane postcard I was sending was a bit of a disappointment compared to the first one I sent which amazed the person haunted me. I couldn’t stand that idea of disappointment so I kept looking, searching and finding (oh, from Dec 14 to Jan 16th my notes say). That kind of long term obsession is part of the stroke and brain damage, they say. It is focus, which without being led off of, the thoughts just go round and round ‘must get the best airplane postcards’. I thought Linda had caught it after a week, but now I see it went a bit longer than that. I think I better stop looking for the perfect airplane postcards (well after tonight!).

However it happened, it happened, maybe not balanced to get over 60 postcards to find ONE postcard for ONE person, but hey, that’s the disease and I sure hope I do find one that amazes them. Either way, these postcards are coming from four continents, and I want to make sure they go to the right homes. During that time, I have focused so much on that, and the legal art for the blog that I haven't focused on the needs for a life in an apartment. I have NO watch right now: my watch literally exploded (the pressure from my blood expanding my arm so quickly and so many times, caused over 16 fractures to the watch band). Linda found a watch which has the minimum requirements and put it on the wish list: that it has glow in the dark indiglo and that I can trigger it with my teeth if my hands aren’t working.

This weekend, while working on the postcards (47), that were going out, Cheryl and Linda called me over to see a rainbow.

My disease progression is such that I go from my hospital bed to power chair Indy, which takes me to the study computer, then to the bathroom and back to the bed.

On Sunday I usually sit in the Study, where there are no windows and write postcards and cards for 4 to 5 hours straight (OW!). So anything different is appreciated. I made it to the window to see the full rainbow. It had been raining since late Wed. night, and I hoped this meant the rain was over. It started raining 20 minutes later. But hey, I saw a rainbow!

Take the good where it is found, even when it lasts only for a minute.

I will have rare and unusual aviation, cruise and railroad postcards (mostly planes) coming in to me. I bought them because I love someone, and because I have a disease that made the love loop and loop and loop (which isn't bad, as I still love them, I just know way more about aviation than I used to). So I want to find more homes that love these postcards: If it makes you feel good to look at your favorite plane, then let me know. I just want to send out personal rainbows, because I know that having those seconds or minutes of just looking at something wonderful is beyond description. Let me send you a personal rainbow. PLEASE, spread the word.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...