Montag, 28. Juli 2008

Luminara 2008: PrimalFire, Poi, Fire belly dancing - the Music Video!

At Luminara on Saturday July 26th (well, we didn’t home until it was technically Sunday!), Nick Woosley and Playpoi were advertised as giving the performance, but the group Primal Fire gave the final performance for the night out at the Cricket Grounds. It started at 10:40 pm (well, 10:45 pm). To get there, I had to go through Beacon Hill Park, and cross the road. I then dogded the steel fenced and a place where the spectators usually sit on the grass slope. It was a nice STEEP slope, and Cheryl was with me. I thought I might try doing flips sideways, to edge down the slope one wheel and wheelchair width at a time. But I told Cheryl (and all the guys and skaters by the fence) to get back, WAY back. After my first flip around, I held one wheel and let the chair weight flip it around, only to find the slope was over 25 degrees, probably over 30 degrees so my downhill wheel wasn’t touching anything! It was in that AIR! So either I topple over and over and over down the hill or I let go. I let go and just hoped for the best (the field was all in pitch black, in preparation for seeing the fire show).

Cheryl reported the guys were going, “OH MY GOD!” and lots of that, and “She’s going to crash!” (It took me like 10 seconds to get to the bottom), and “Oh no! She’s crashing, Oh my God!”

Except I somehow, except for one bump where I had to lean back to stop front flipping, made it down. As the momentum rolled me on I raised one arm in my electric glow rope, muti-colour chair and gave a surfer “kowabunga!” waggle to let them know I made it. Up at the fence the guys were, “She made it, did you see that, she made it!”

Anyway, I know how to make an entrance….or break my legs (they were strapped in, remember), depending!

Cheryl played the crip card one we got to the crowd and asked, “Can SHE see too!” and so then I was up and at the front of the roped area. I took mostly still images with my camera and Linda took movie and now I have my little editor working again so I made a nice 2 minute movie of the best of Primal Fire at Luminara 2008 (When I made it I believed it was Nick Woosley and Playpoi via Luminara site, sorry - if anyone knows how to change the text IN a video, let me know). Here it is, you can get a bigger version to play on Windows Mediaplayer or Quicktime if you want by clicking on the Vimeo logo. I hope you enjoy. (done to the French Song ‘lolita’ (if uploading is down, click on Vimeo to go to it directly)
Luminara 08: Nick Woosley, Playpoi & Fire! AMV from Elizabeth McClung on Vimeo.

Tomorrow I will try to make a film with the best images of Luminara 2008, Victoria along with Elizabeth’s tricked out glow wheelchair films (Linda filmed the wheels going round for example). And then give you the whole A-Z. Right now, I am off to the hospital for my CT or CAT scan, dunno – one of those!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...