Freitag, 14. Mai 2010

Birthday Outing with Hello Kitty: the bunny killing Pirate

Uggggg……………….heat. It has been ‘nice and sunny’ which means ‘I have high blood pressure, a giant headache and threats of a stroke” – when you can’t sweat, heat is scary: your heart beats faster, the blood pressure rises, all things to increase sweat…which doesn’t happen, so I get more TIA (micro strokes) while I sleep and wake with a huge ‘heat headache’.

I am getting ready for my birthday going out. My birthday falls between the two weekends. I was totally off about Kent State, as I find due to the computer age. I had done those ‘look it up in the newspaper assignments’ and they way they talked about Kent State made me sure it was the day before. It wasn’t, it was almost three weeks earlier. Now, a quick google and I get the whole scope including that this year, a new park where the events took place has been created, a National Park, so one Cheryl has NOT visited (since she works for the National Parks).

Tomorrow I am off on some outings, though I had two doctor’s appointments back to back (along with the encouraging (NOT!) statement, "Don't give up, stem cell research is really advancing for neurodegenerative diseases" - because the amount of Stem Cell DNA Vaccines, translants, or regrowths currently in Victoria=0). I am slept up and pretty much ready to go (ignore the erratic heart).

We brain stormed where to go, “How about a Steak House?”

Linda: “NO!” scoff, “Like we can afford that!”

Me: “Fine, this year you get an ice cream cone for YOUR birthday!”

We are tentatively looking at a Korean BBQ, which is something we tried and liked in Japan and a new one has opened here in town. The back up to that is a South America cuisine place with also serves pitches of Sangria. Technically I was banned from there a long time ago when some people I was with set fire to the table in a odd version of dating ‘one-up-manship’ (I steal the folks, You steal the sugar despenser, I set fire to the table, you add alcohol, etc) – it taught me to avoid taking people with very low inhibition thresholds to restaurants I liked.

I did get in the post a couple things for the postcards this week. One is the Hello Kitty the Pirate stickers (they are very rare and yes, sparkly), where HK has a pirate hat with skull AND a Pirate ship with treasure and all. The assistant bunnies all seem to be gone by the time the treasure is buried (sing it like pirates of the Caribbean: “dead bunnies tell no tales…….dead bunnies tell no tales..”). The other are a couple of sticker sheets from when Hello Kitty ran away to the circus (She REALLY does get around).

From a seller on livejournal I bought some stickers, which I did not know were being sent….from a person teaching in CHINA. So I have a Chinese envelope and stamps, if someone collects stamps let me know and I can send them to you. The sticker on the envelope is of a 'ball joint doll' showing you how realistic and complex (And expensive!) they are. A good description of ball joint dolls and getting on from the creators is in the manga book Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's Visit in Japan. The stickers are 1.5 inches by 3 and show Hello kitty with her Winter Court, Hello Kitty out shopping, Hello Kitty selling crack cocaine (naw, I threw that last one in to fool you!), also some stickers from series ranging from K-ON! (now in season 2), to Lucky Star, Chobits and Fate/Stay Night. Looking forward to sending them all over the world! Stickers are FUN!

Birthday time outside! Gotta go…

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...