Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009

Too much noise, getting linda food, doing some art!

I regret to say that we have to leave our place for a while and head up island. This is because the people who own the perfectly fine houses across the street (including very pretty gardens) have decided that the time it right to knock them down in order to put up a sign and sell imaginary houses they will build there instead. They believe these new houses will be FAR superior (there will at least be a lot more of them and cost $350,000+). Not one of them will be accessible. Indeed, this company, which has won MANY awards has not made ONE accessible house for sale, or apartment building, as to date. I was told by the co-owner that of the 47 apartment buildings they manage there are TWO apartments that are wheelchair accessible and if they become available before they spend a year building these new houses, then I can move in there. I will not hold my breath.

Needless to say, when you combine chainsaws, earth movers, and demolition heavy equipment machinery about 30 feet away, it makes for quite a noise….a noise that goes on for only 9 hours or so. The down side is that I have been quite ill since…um…well there hasn’t been a day since Friday where we didn’t think of taking me to the hospital. One of those days involved being on the toilet for 7 hours for intestinal problems. Sadly one of those problems included that I was no longer able to produce lubricant in my intestines – can we all say “OWWWWW!” And then I was carried to bed. So peace and quiet are important and we are going up the island to a place by the sea where it is quiet. We have a very nice room because….the room which is for government workers is not accessible, though it may have a wheelchair roll in shower and such, the completely built for wheelchairs room has stairs leading to it (so disabled workers for the government..at all?). Welcome to Canada. And to the planning of such hotels as they build a room, advertise how they have a “WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE” room and then when asked if I can GET to it go, “Um……well…..if you go that way, then….no, that won’t work….but…er..how about I upgrade you to something else.”

Linda is excited to go because she get to eat new food. There is a farmers market we may stop at along the way. That’s pretty much all it takes to get Linda excited – new place, new food. Yup she is a six year old at heart, just don’t tell anyone I told you.

We are almost packed so I have to go. The one thing I did manage to do over the last few days is read a LOT of manga (remember the 7 hours, that was just ONE of the last 5 bad days, and this one looks to be interesting too!). So I will do some reviews when I get back. Have no fear, I will report from our new location with pictures and all as I think they have Wireless. But I have wanted to do some more reviews anyway since I did not finish all the ones I wanted to review last time. Anyway, just in case some person accidentally pushes THIS BUTTON and goes to my wishlist: and then buys copious amounts of manga (or singles!) I will be very grateful since while some people do not see them as a medical necessity, when you are on the toilet for seven hours in just one day when you are only awake 11, or when you can only stare at the ceiling with pain, I tend to think of them as a form of alternative pain killers (they distract when life gets a bit too much to be endured). Also there is Mafia Chic for Linda.

Some of the manga is VERY historical and (if you get it now before like tomorrow) 36% off, like Ludwig II, which is about the relationship of him and his doctor as the kingdom moved on into democracy while he retreated into Wagnerian Castles and fantasy. And then yes, some is about gleeful youthful looking boys bouncing happily in the arms of grumpy novelists. Or books called ‘You will fall in Love’ about love in Jyudo (Japanese Archery…..they did say style and focus was everything!).

I am slightly anxious about going as I have by now so MANY machines to keep parts of me alive or not rotting that any movement from home base is slightly anxiety producing (plus many recent bad days). Plus last night was VERY bad for about 3 hours making us leave late today. But I am ready to go now. See we plan to have a DATE tonight. So off we are, two companions, goth sweet loli’d up and ready to see the world!
Linda has already said she has ‘plans’ when she went around yesterday demanding to know ‘where’s the dolphin!’ and I told her that if there was a vibrator thief in this house look to her own drawer. But no she ransacked the desk and then of course DID find them in her drawer. I just wonder if we have enough batteries? She has also said something about ART, and how she needs to do some drawings for postarity. I suggested that if we needed these as ART, why not do them outside? She said no, these one were best for inside the room, or perhaps the bubble bath.

I’ll tell you ALL about the date…well maybe not ALL. Later!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...