Samstag, 3. Oktober 2009

We arrive at station 2, ready to go to the plane and Hawaii

We are ready to depart, time to sleep and then in the morning I have to convince Northwest Airlines that I am a) disabled and b) need an attendant (because they are both cheap and apparently the check in person not only determines you luggage weight but also all medical issues - what training programs they must have!). Since moving me here in 5.5 hours made me have seizures, and I couldn’t see out of one eye or process things like numbers, plus I got to wear the ice (putting an ice pack in my bra – try it sometime, very um….enlivening!). Besides that it is just kicking out heels waiting for the call for us to be packed into a small flying bus to fly over a big ocean to a tiny island. No problem.

Once I get there I will be much happier, we had some issues with the Seattle highway system and some of the drivers but are all in one piece. Once we got that sawn-off shot gun things worked out fine (“You’re driving the interstate 5” the pawn owner said, pulling out the shotgun, “Try this out the passenger window!” – Riding Shotgun has a whole new meaning.)

We went to Japantown in Seattle but did not find stickers –sigh. I did get some post, and we are packed with stickers and postcards to head to Hawaii so you can all come along, I will try to blog every day (or other day). I am just about ready to go, the two wolves, it seem are not allowed on the plane in the overhead luggage (“Lunge Asterth! Go for the drink cart!”). Nor is the sword. In reality land, Northwest Airlines, beyond not allowing an attendant seat, or a discount for an attendant, does NOT have food for a 6 hour flight, and charges for blankets. Just perfect for someone who has to have tempature regulated. I am only awaiting the ‘optional charge’ for the recycled air. Or perhaps you only get a floatation device and oxygen dropping down for a $10 deposit. Who knows?

Off to Hawaii – to the 16th Century Kyoto Shrine I hope! Pictures in this space.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...