Mittwoch, 1. Oktober 2008

Elizabeth: the year in video, a gift from Linda and Cheryl

Linda and Cheryl made me a present. I could tell because when I woke up, they were always running off chortling into the other room, all over a few weeks. Very pleased with themselves. They gave it to me this weekend, and I wanted to show it to you. I am not sure where they go SO MANY bad pictures of me but if I hear you using any as screen savers (the bad ones, the good ones help yourself), I will be heading towards your city and your computer baseball bat in hand.

It made me happy, it made me nostalgic, it made me darn confused (some of the pictures I am in, I don’t remember AT ALL), it made me wish they had let me vote for some of the pictures. But this is a picture of Elizabeth from two people who care about me, and have seen me in good times and bad. Some new readers haven’t seen many of the faces of Beth (the not so great ones), or how much weight I have lost, just in my face. Of course the dark faces, the faces of hell and pain, they are too busy doing things to take pictures. Sometime recently parts of my hands turned black in a matter of a couple minutes. My face was terror then, and calling for help. I don’t know what happened after (probably seizures or something), but there is nothing like watching your hands turn shades of black over 20 or thirty seconds. But it is in the end, I think an interesting mirror of me. An interesting mirror more of Linda and Cheryl who are there, caring for me, being there so I can be there, always watching over me: My companions.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...