Sonntag, 14. September 2008

Terry Fox 10K: preview

Hi, I still think those painkillers are candy: Yum yum! So I feel surprisingly well! In the race, my shoulder was killing me for the first 4 km, but then suddenly felt better. That's means it got better spontaneously and has nothing to do with a mind filled with endorphins, right? Here we are at the start. All three participated, though Linda and Cheryl were my pit crew; there were two other wheelchairs with pit crews too. Here we are ready to start: Linda and Cheryl for the 5K and me for the 10K (Cheryl noted using her cane that this was one of the few races that promoted and LIKED people with disabilities; becuase this was an event ABOUT getting to get together to remember Terry Fox. Some thought her skull tricked out cane was "cool.").

Here I am on my second lap, around 6km or so, I was one of the first 10 to the 2.5 km mark....but that was mostly downhill! Once I had to do the 2.5 km back uphill I quickly moved back into the pack. Some people recognized me from the HBC run. It was nice: not a lot of 5K, 10K where you see, foot scooters, children's bicycles, mountain bikes, two unicycles, some wheelchairs, an elderly woman using a walker with wheels, a guy on crutches, some children with their parents on tricycles and let's not forget some people running and walking.

I will try to catch up with the whole story one I am a bit more recovered. Or at least not hurting so much. I bet Cheryl will be cursing me for convincing her to do it in the morning (but I was really proud and happy to be in a race with Linda and Cheryl). Plus, she carried the med supplies to clean out and bandage my bleeding knuckle (that whole not feeling thing).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...